Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 12: Relaxation Part 3 (15 May 2013)


Today was the most relaxing day of all: we visited a spa! This is what we were initially told, anyway. The place we ended up spending most of the day was, in my opinion, more of a country club. Nevertheless, we spent all morning lounging by the pool, playing soccer, and eating some more traditional Chilean foods. As if this wasn't relaxing enough, we walked a few blocks down the road around 5 or 6 pm to the beautiful country home of one of the professors from the university, where he treated us to a barbecue! The food was absolutely delicious. He even had a vine-covered patio that we were able to eat grapes directly off of!

It makes me sad to think that I will soon have to leave Chile behind. I have had so many amazing experiences in the two short weeks that I have been here and I am so glad that I decided to study abroad. As my first taste of a foreign culture, I would say that Plus3 greatly exceeded my expectations. It is so refreshing to be thrown outside of your comfort zone, and this program definitely has done that for me. I had to learn to navigate a new city and communicate with people who spoke an entirely different language from me, but I loved it. The hospitality that all of the students and professors and companies have shown us is unbelievable. It will certainly be difficult to say goodbye in just two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment